Let’s jump on in! Here are 2022’s Interior Design Trends you’ll be seeing a lot of:
- More vintage than ever – Think unique pieces and tons of character. Repurpose what you already have instead of waiting months and months for backordered items.
- Plenty of natural materials – think timeless and classic so that your living space can “live longer”.
- Black accents – Channa Alvarez, interior designer at Living Spaces says “It’s a great way to add some edge and depth to more minimalist spaces: Choose light, neutral colors for the main elements of your space, like paint colors and large sofas, and incorporate black accents for contrast.”
- Natural lighting – All the time we’ve spent (and are still spending) at home makes natural light and views to the outside highly desirable.
- Textured fabrics – think COZY! “Velvets, sherpa, and boucles are the ‘it’ fabrics for 2022” said designer, Julia Longchamps.
- Versatile spaces – “The pandemic led us to acknowledge the importance of the ‘home’ as a haven,” notes designer Alice Dahbura-Borges. Subsequently, she believes “we will continue to see the demand for versatility in the home where one space can be transformed and molded for different activities: a dining table or kitchen island can double as a desk.”
- Mixing dark and earthy tones – think blacks and grays paired with earthy (swoon)!
- Living room bars – We can thank 2020 for this but it’s nothing I’m going to argue with! A bar cart or bar nook in the living room can not only add a ton of style but can also be great for entertaining!
- More house plants to bring life into your space
- Plenty of marble which I AM HERE FOR 😍
Which trend do you love the most? Leave a comment and share yours to your story & tag us!
-Chris & Kait Real Estate Team